apel: (Default)
[personal profile] apel
I had long planned to get a tattoo to celebrate my Green Card. That didn't work out because I was taken ill just a week after I got it and then had neither money nor inclination to complicate my life when I was already skating too close to the edge in other ways.

But yesterday was my birthday and at the end of the month I'll get my severance payment. So I decided it was an auspicious time. I went around to a couple of different tattoo artists and found one I liked. I have an existing tattoo of an oak leaf on my left arm that I want to incorporate into the new tattoo. The reason I went with this particular artist is that he sketched up how he would do that. So I plonked down the $100 deposit.

The tattoo artist took measurements of my arm and when I got home I sent him reference photos. He'll use the photos and measurements to create a sketch. Toward the end of next week he'll call me and I'll come down to take a look. Then he'll tattoo the outlines in the first session. There will likely be a couple of sessions after that for the colors. I'm psyched about getting new ink!


Here's the existing oak leaf tattoo. It's badly faded. The leaf stalk isn't really visible any more. 
Oak leaf tattoo

Here's the hummingbird tattoo I got in 2009. You can click through to the album for photos I took when it was new. I still love the colors. 
Hummingbird tattoo

Date: Feb. 2nd, 2018 12:41 pm (UTC)
cybermule: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cybermule
I meant to say Happy Birthday, honey. So sorry, and happy birthday <3

Date: Feb. 2nd, 2018 07:13 pm (UTC)
cybermule: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cybermule
Yeah. Still a bit miffed for forgetting to message though, so I hope you had a lovely day <3
apel: (Default)
apel
August 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 2018
No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios